Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I get stuck in hypnosis?
No. You are always in control of your state of mind. In Hypnosis, you are fully aware of what’s going on at all times.
2. I can’t be hypnotized
Hypnosis is a natural state of consciousness that occurs when you go to sleep. Every person with average intelligence can go under hypnosis as long as you are relaxed.
3. Am I Unconscious in Hypnosis?
It may feel like you are asleep or unconscious. But in hypnosis, you are aware of your surroundings. You are in control of your thinking and hearing. You will feel deeply relaxed, but not unconscious.
4. Can I be made to do something I don’t want to do?
No. It is a myth that hypnosis is mind-control. These scenarios, often portrayed in movies and books, are merely for entertainment. If you are asked to do something against your values, your mind simply rejects it and you come out of hypnosis immediately.
5. Is it Safe?
Hypnotherapy is completely safe. There are no known side effects. It can be used in conjunction with other treatments you are engaged in.
If you are performing surgery or other medical procedures or has been diagnosed in the psychological DSM-V, you do need a medical or psychological referral before the session.
6. How Will I Feel Under Hypnosis?
Remember a time when you were lost in daydream or imaginings and someone had to snap you back to Earth? Hypnosis feels like that, only you will be gently guided and your eyes are closed. You will find hypnosis to be a pleasant state.
7. How Many Sessions Does It Take?
It depends on the topic and the individual. It’s not possible to predict how many session. Sometimes it takes one session and other times it could take up to 6 sessions or more.
8. How can I Get the Most Out of My Sessions?
- Have an open mind to the suggestions given to you.
- Don’t give up after the first session.
- Wear something comfortable and loose fitting. Remove electronics and jewelry, belts and pocket items.
- Prepare a short list of things you’d like different in your life: limiting beliefs, unpleasant conditions, finances, relationships, etc.
9. Do I need to believe in it for it to work?
It doesn’t seem to make any difference if you believe it will work or not. All it matters is that you want to make a change and you are at least willing.
10. Can I Be Made to Share Personal Secrets While Under Hypnosis?
Only you get to decide what to reveal or not reveal.
11. Do I have to reveal all of my fears and insecurity?
Tell me only the things you want to change. If you don’t want to reveal more, that is okay.
1. How Do I Pay?
You can pay with cash, check or all major credit cards in person.
2. When Do I Pay?
You can pay upon arrival or before the session.
3. Do You Take Insurance
4. What’s Your Cancellation Policy?
I respectfully ask that give me at least 24 hours notice prior to your booked session. A no-show will incur $100 for the session.